The Zoombezi Bay Waterpark is located in Columbus Ohio, and owned by the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium. Prior to opening in 2008, Zoombezi Bay was owned by Six Flags, and known as Wyandot Lake. After being sold to the Columbus Zoo, the park was completely renovated, with new and different features and attractions.
Zoombezi Bay has 17 water slides, and several other attractions. These include:
- Wild Tides, a massive wave pool, with waves up to 4 feet high! The pool is 6 feet at the deep end.
- The Sea Splash tower connects to several different water slides, some starting as high as 63 feet in the air!
- The Cyclone is among the most thrilling rides in the park. It drops you 55 feet, getting your speed up to 20 miles-per-hour, before sending you into the world’s largest reducing-radius tunnel.
- Tahitian Twister takes you on a 5-person raft in total darkness through all manner of vortex loops, 360 degree turns, acceleration drops, and more!
The waterpark’s hours vary with the seasons, so it’s best you check them out by clicking here. General admission is cheaper online, so it would be wise for you to pre-order your tickets here. A list of important things to know before you go can be found here.
Of special note is that:
- Admission to Zoombezi Bay also includes entry into the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium on the day of your visit.
- Towels are not provided, so you’ll need to bring your own, or purchase one in the waterpark’s Surf Shop.
- Food & beverages (with the exception of bottled water) are not allowed in Zoombezi Bay, but may be taken into the Zoo.
Neighboring the waterpark there are several restaurants and food stands, and the Surf Shop, which offers everything you’d need for the waterpark: sunscreen lotion, swimwear, towels, and the like.